It’s been about month since I started this blog and I’m having fun with it. Here are some more tips I’ve gotten and things I’ve learned so far:
- To be interesting, be interested: Check out this great set of tips from russell davies to help you get started.
- Try the 10×10 exercise: Jay Goldman suggested I think of 10 categories and then 10 posts for each of the categories before I even started. This has proven to be great advice, I get plenty of new ideas every day (so far) but having the 10×10 framework really helps structure this space and keep my posts on target.
- Try a series: I was inspired by Diego Rodriguez and his series on innovation. I don’t have to post a sequel everyday, but if I’m stuck I’ve got an easy back up idea. It also helps to think about this ahead of time and be on the look out for things that make the posts in the series more timely, tangible and relevant.
- Readers love lists: Dan Debow suggested using bullets or numbers to help readers quickly digest content.
- Link to others: I’m still struggling with “track backs” but I’ve found it very easy to use posts from other people to make my posts more interesting. I connected to a comment from Diego on Twitter and he then tweeted about my post. Got the highest volume of traffic to my blog yet!
More to come as I stumble along.